Whether you are considering developing a property, renovating your existing home, starting a new building, or have questions about how the Official Community Plan affects development within your neighbourhood, Development Services staff can assist you.
The Planning and Development Department has a broad range of policy, regulatory and program responsibilities including:
- community and municipality-wide land use planning
- planning applications including zoning amendments (rezoning), subdivision, Official Community Plan amendments, strata title conversion, development permits and development variance permits
- applications to exclude or include land in the Agricultural Land Reserve
- building permitting and inspection services
- related bylaw enforcement
Development Services Directory
- Getting Started
- Building & Compliance Division
- Planning Services
- Climate Change & Energy Efficiency
- Planning & Sustainability Division
Keep up to date on Planning and Development projects in your community by subscribing to our Email Notifications Service.
For tips on saving energy, visit BC Hydro's website.