Whether you are considering developing a property, renovating your existing home, starting a new building, or have questions about how the Official Community Plan affects development within your neighbourhood, Planning and Development staff can assist you.
The Planning and Development Department has a broad range of policy, regulatory and program responsibilities including:
- community and municipality-wide land use planning
- planning applications including zoning amendments (rezoning), subdivision, Official Community Plan amendments, strata title conversion, development permits and development variance permits
- applications to exclude or include land in the Agricultural Land Reserve
- building permitting and inspection services
- related bylaw enforcement
Development Services Directory
Keep up to date on Planning and Development projects in your community by subscribing to our Email Notifications Service.
For tips on saving energy, visit BC Hydro's website.